Model Minority Is A Myth Tote
100% of the profit will be donated to an organization that helps the victims of Asian hate crimes. Our goal is to give awareness and start a conversation on what Model Minority is and why it's a myth.
MODEL MINORITY MYTH – "This myth characterizes Asian Americans as a polite, law-abiding group who have achieved a higher level of success than the general population through some combination of innate talent and pull-yourselves-up-by-your-bootstraps immigrant striving. The model minority myth pits people of color against one another and creates a hierarchy in which Asian people are often represented at the top. By putting people of color in competition with one another, the myth distracts us from striving together toward liberation for all."
• 100% certified organic cotton 3/1 twill
• Fabric weight: 8 oz/yd² (272 g/m²)
• Dimensions: 16″ × 14 ½″ × 5″ (40.6 cm × 35.6 cm × 12.7 cm)
• Weight limit: 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
• 1″ (2.5 cm) wide dual straps, 24.5″ (26.2 cm) length
• Open main compartment
Want to recommend an organization? Follow + DM us on our Instagram @hellohiyashop